How to Get There
1. By car:
a) Motorway (Autobahn) A9, coming from Nürnberg: exit Frankfurter/Föhringer Ring, take Föhringer Ring. First exit Unterföhring Ortsmitte, follow the sign Ortsmitte, pass the townhall, 200 m hotel sign on your left, enter Eichenweg
b) Motorway (Autobahn) A8, coming from Stuttgart:until Enschenrieder Kreuz direction Nurnberg/Salzburg (A99), until Nordkreuz, A9 toward Munich until exit Föhringer Ring, follow directions in a).
c) Motorway (Autobahn) A95, coming from Garmisch-Partenkirchen: to the end, turn left at the Mittlerer Ring toward Nurnberg, follow directions in a).
d) Motorway (Autobahn) A8, coming from Salzburg: to the end, turn right at the Mittlerer Ring toward Nurnberg, follow directions in a).
2. By train:
Munich Central Railway Station (Hauptbahnhof): Take Suburban railway S8 toward the Airport to station Unterföhring. Take shuttle bus Ortsbus to Bergstraße, walk along Münchnerstraße toward Munich to Eichenweg (200 m) or from station Unterföhring walk along Bahnhofstraße to Münchnerstraße, turn right after 150 m to Eichenweg (8 min. walk)
3. By airplane:
From the airport either take a taxi directly to the hotel, or Suburban railway S8 to station Unterföhring, then follow directions above.
Unterföhring is located in the northern part of Munich, Bavaria.
Close to the River Isar Grounds and the famous Englischer Garten
Accompanying Person Program
At present there are no plans for an organized program for accompanying persons through the workshop. However, there are plenty of possibilities for activities for accompanying persons in Munich, for example:
- Visit beautiful Lake “Feringasee”: 30 minute walk from the hotel with recommended Biergarten.
- Take a walk in the famous “Englischer Garten”
- There are also plenty of typical Bavarian Biergarten like:
§ “Aumeister”: 45 min walk from hotel
§ “St. Emmeramsmühle”: 45 min walk from hotel
- Jogging along at river “Isar”; 100 m from hotel
- Shopping and sight-seeing in Munich City Center: please take train S8 to Marienplatz, 20 min.
- There are also famous museums likes “Pinakothek der Moderne” or the “Deutsches Museum” and many other possibilities
- Additional information on things to do in the Munich area is available from the official Munich tourism site,
For more information, please do not hesitate to ask the reception staff at the Hotel Lechnerhof at any time.